Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Library Perks

I think I'll start sharing some of the funny/wonderful/puzzling things that happen to me at the library on a daily basis. Max has to put up with them all the time, so I thought I'd share the love.

Yesterday a little girl of about 9 came into the stacks on the second (nonfiction) floor and asked for help looking for some pretty grown up books about remarkable women in history. We talked for a while and she told me that her mom would only let her check out 6 books at a time and wasn't that so lame? I looked down at her and said "you are a little bookworm aren't you?" She immediately responded "Bookworms turn into Butterflies...it says so on one of my bookmarks." Is that so cute!

1 comment:

The Hills... said...

Wow! I'm so impressed. She reminds me of Matilda!