Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It pays to be a nerd...or at least it discounts your insurance

Yesterday I was on the phone with Geico getting our insurance re-instated so that Max could drive our wee green car back to Provo and the nice lady on the phone, Diane, asked "Do you belong to any organizations that are sponsored by Geico and might get you further discounts on your rates?"

"Um..I don't think...well, I am a Member of ALA.  The American Library Association."

"They are on a our list, we will further discount your insurance."  

I save 10 bucks a month! Awesome.  

I read quite a few articles on the benefits of belonging to professional library associations in one of my classes last semester and NO ONE brought up that you get discounts on your car insurance.  They should push that more at ALA.  

No comments: