Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Better Know a Library: Cerritos Library...I've Died

...and gone to Heaven! I'm not sure if I can legally post pictures from this library directly on my blog, but I would like everyone who reads this (all 3 of you) to go to their link and prepare to salivate.

What the money!? What the allocation of resources!? What the commitment!? What the wealthy community!? I nearly shed a tear tonight. This is amazing. The children's section is out of this world. Who wouldn't want to spend every waking hour here?

I don't love the "mall" concept I can see happening in some pictures, but it looks really sharp. I'm truly speechless.

2 comments:

stephanie from texas said...

I stumbled upon your blog today and I am in love! At this very moment I am trying to decide what to "do" with the rest of my life. Librarian has been on the top of my list for some time now. I just have to get the courage to go back to school being the mother of a sophmore in high schoo, an 8th grader and a 4 year old. Thanks for letting me live through you for a while.
Love your blog
Stephanie from Texas

Brooke S. said...

I would whole heartedly recommend library school - it's the best choice I ever made (other than marrying my husband I guess) and more versatile than people might guess. Please let me know if I can help you with gathering information about Library Science graduate programs. It is a lot less intimidating than you think and MANY are online and geared towards people with families or jobs so they are really flexible.

Thank you for your kind words - don't hesitate to drop me a line if you have any questions. Good luck!