Tuesday, February 19, 2008

For the Love of Food @ Your Library

So tonight is the first night of a new program that the Provo City Library is doing called "For the Love of Food @ Your Library". A woman from the Utah State extension center is coming in to give classes about food prep and stretching your food budget. When we talked about maybe doing it in programming meeting I was most excited about it, so they put me in charge of setting it up. So I arranged the program with USU and made all of the flyers (which was such a rush) and now we'll just see.

I guess the library has tried this in the past without a lot of success, so we just hope someone shows up. It's really exciting to have planned something and then see if come to fruition...or not as tonight will tell. Scary.

2 comments:

Jentry said...

Who is it that's coming? I happen to know a few extension people and it would be interesting if I knew them.

Emily Webster said...

Brooke,
I'm a reporter with the BYU Daily Universe and I'd love to interview you and talk to you about this program for a story. Could you email me about this?

emily.c.webster@gmail.com

Thanks!

~Emily Webster